This week I’ve been living as a single parent, with Larry gone on another week long training. I think I’ve managed to survive, although I didn’t think I would. We had all just gotten back from traveling, which meant that Christopher’s sleep schedule was a little out of whack, and on top of that, both he and I were sick. A sick mommy with a sick baby at home for a week with no daddy to take care of us didn’t sound like too much fun. Thankfully, Larry comes home tomorrow, Christopher’s sleep schedule has gone back to normal, and we’re finally both on the mend.
It got pretty lonely this week since most days I barely had any adult interaction. I realize now, as a stay at home mom, you really have to make the effort to get out and see people or else you’ll go insane. I go to the library a lot with CC and I can always tell who the stay at home moms are. You can see it in their eyes; they’re just craving conversation…about anything. I guess I’m becoming one of those moms. I honestly don’t know how people can live without the churchlife.
This week was not all bad. CC and I actually had fun together. I made sure we had a little outing everyday. Some of the highlights were:
– Got a new potty chair for CC at Babies R Us.
– Went to Sadiedey’s Cafe again. Love this place!
– Made new friends at the library. I’m sooo glad Berkeley has good public libraries that are in walking distance!
– Took a nice afternoon walk with Esther and Elizabeth (yay for fellow SAHMs!)
– Had someone nice enough to buy and bring me dinner (Thanks again Marianne, if you’re reading this!)
– Had some great dinners, thanks to Trader Joe.