Today is Day three of me and CC holding down the home front. Larry left for a 5-day training on Sunday and won’t be back until Friday. Since Larry and I tag team a lot when it comes to taking care of CC, I was envisioning a week of chaos, exhaustion, and not getting too much stuff done. Surprisingly, the opposite has been true so far. CC has been unbelievably good and cooperative. He’s been going down for naps and at bedtime without too much fuss and according to schedule. And he’s developed a voracious appetite. I’ve recently introduced yogurt and fish into his diet (not together of course, gross!) and he loves both. I can finally start cooking fish in this house again and actually have someone to eat it with me!
Not only has CC surprised me, but I’ve surprised myself by being unusually productive this week. With no husband around to distract me or cook for, I’ve actually been able to check things off my to do list at the end of the day. What’s the secret? Use the ergo baby carrier when I need to get things done and CC won’t play by himself on the floor. Since I’ve been so productive, here’s a little update on how my summer goals are going:
– My 2nd cherry tomato plant is alive and well and growing at an exponential rate. I think the new potting soil did the trick.
– I’m still working on holding teaser (now I know why they call it teaser).
– Currently on Message 5 of the Life-study of Isaiah and just finished listening to all the radio broadcast programs for it. What a rich Christ is unveiled in this book!
– Larry and I finally made it to Ici last week! We went on a day when there was actually no line. Ice cream is pretty good, very light and not too sweet, so you know they probably use all natural ingredients to sweeten. The best part was the cone – a crepe with a big piece of chocolate on the bottom so ice cream doesn’t leak out the tip. Supposedly the flavors change weekly, so I’ll definitely be back. Larry and I both agreed, however, that even though the ice cream’s good, it’s not that good that we would wait in line for 15 minutes.
– Accomplished 1.5 items on my cleaning list.
Hopefully the second half of the week will go as smoothly as the first half. I’m glad that I’ve proved to myself that I can handle being home alone with the baby. Can I do it for more than a week? Probably not, and I definitely wouldn’t want to. I would trade in my productiveness for a distracting husband at home in a heartbeat!